The mission of Little Steps is to provide high quality early education and care for young children, enrich the community by supporting families, and demonstrate models of research-based best practices for training early childhood professionals in a therapeutic setting.
We support this mission through the following:
- Practices that build on a child's individual strengths and interests;
- Opportunities and experiences that promote optimal development of each child and family served;
- Gentle guidance techniques, including modeling and providing appropriate choices;
- Integrated developmental and family support services and access to resources;
- Responsive attention to child and family needs;
- Carefully planned, engaging, and intellectually-stimulating learning activities;
- A commitment to professional staff development and incorporation of the most recent research on best practices into the classrooms.
Little Steps Philosophy Little Steps Brochure
Little Steps Preschool participates in the USDA Child and Adult Care Food Program and prohibits discrimination in all its programs and activities on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, and where applicable, sex, marital status, familial status, parental status, religion, sexual orientation, genetic information, political beliefs, reprisal, or because all or a part of an individual's income is derived from any public assistance program.